VISA APPLICATION FOR THE NON-EU APPLICANTS (ACADEMIC YEAR 2021/2022)
NATIONAL VISA D (FULL-TIME STUDY PURPOSE)
An alien who is a student arriving in the Republic of Lithuania to the consecutive full-time studies a higher education establishment operating in the Republic of Lithuania should apply for a multiple entry national visa D. At the time of submission of the first application, the applicant is required to appear in person. Decisions on the issuance or refusal to issue a visa, annulment, and revocation of a visa are made by diplomatic missions and consular posts of the Republic of Lithuania. Documents can be lodged at:
1. directly at the visa authority of the Republic of Lithuania (the Embassy of Lithuania in your country or in the nearest country): keliauk.urm.lt/en/entry-to-lithuania/visas/visa-authority-competent-for-examining-and-deciding-on-applications-/visa-authorities-of-the-republic-of-lithuania;
2. through an external service provider – Lithuania currently has an agreement with VF Services (UK) Ltd.: www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICANTS FOR NATIONAL VISA (FULL-TIME STUDY PURPOSE):
1. Completed and signed the National visa application form (visa.vrm.lt/epm).
2. One recent passport photo 35×45 mm colourful, white background.
3. A valid travel document – passport (containing at least 2 blank pages, issued within the previous 10 years, its period of validity extending at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory if the Member States).
4. Valid health insurance (from the approved list of travel insurance companies), covering the duration of stay. It must be valid in all participant states of the Schengen Area. The minimum amount of medical insurance coverage – EUR 30 000.
5. A confirmed Air ticket reservation.
6. Mediation letter from the University. Please register by sending email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Proof of financial means to live in the Republic of Lithuania – 4500 euro (sufficient means of subsistence equal to 0.5 of the minimum monthly wage per month) and to return to the country of his or her origin or a foreign country to which the alien has the right to depart (sufficient amount of funds required to return equals to 1 minimum monthly):
7.1. Original private bank statement showing movements in the last three months, duly stamped and signed by the bank.
7.2. In case of sponsorship – Affidavit of Sponsorship from parents/relatives and their proof of
7.3. Highly recommend ordering – Check & Verify service. The choice of this service speeds up the processing of visa applications additionally proves students’ motivation and willingness to study in Lithuania.
8. All education documents (legalized).
9. Consular fee.
MORE INFORMATION: www.migracija.lt/
Please, follow the following way: SERVICE INFORMATION/ CITIZEN OF OTHER COUNTRIES/ STAYING MORE THAN 3 MONTHS/ SCIENCE / I WANT TO GET A VISA / I’M A STUDENT
PAY ATTENTION – IMPORTANT:
1. VISA AND SERVICE FEE – EUR 120*.
*The visa fee may vary from country to country, as some countries may have concluded international agreements with the European Union, while others may be the subject of an implementing decision by the Council of the European Union on the increasing of the visa fee. You should inquire about the specific visa fee applicable in your country at the competent visa authority of the Republic of Lithuania.
If applying for a visa through an external service provider, a service fee is paid. Currently, Lithuania has an agreement with VF Services (UK) Ltd., the standard service fee is EUR 19.90 if there is a visa authority of the Republic of Lithuania in the country, and EUR 40 if there is none. You should inquire about the specific fee applicable in your country at the competent visa authority of the Republic of Lithuania or at VF Services (UK) Ltd.
2. APPLICATION PROCESS AND TIME FRAME – Applications shall be decided on within 15 calendar days of the date of the lodging of an application which is admissible. That period may be extended up to a maximum of 45 calendar days in individual cases, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed.
3. UNIVERSITY CONTACTS
Kaunas University of Applied Sciences
Address: Pramones pr. 20, LT-50468 Kaunas, Lithuania
Phone.: +370 37 75 11 44
4. DECISION ON THE APPLICATION
Applications shall be decided on within 15 calendar days of the date of the lodging of an application which is admissible.
Applicants who have been refused a visa receives are notified by means of the standard form on the refusal, annulment, or revocation of the visa, stating the reasons for the decision. More information here: keliauk.urm.lt/en/entry-tolithuania/visas/decision-on-the-application
• the national visa is issued for a maximum of one year.
• the national visa is issued for a period of at least 91 days.
• if you have been issued with a multiple-entry national visa for one year, you may be issued with another multiple-entry national visa if more than 180 days had expired from your previous visa or the total validity period of all visas you had. The total period of validity of several multiple-entry national visas must be counted from the date of issue of the previous multiple-entry national visa if less than 180 days have elapsed since the expiry of its validity;
• if you are holding a multiple-entry national visa, valid for 1 year or several multiple-entry national visas with a total validity of 1 year, and intending to apply for a temporary residence permit, in order to stay in Lithuania during the consideration of the application will have to submit this application in advance – 2 to 4 months before the expiry of the actual national visa.
RELATED INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19:
27 May 2021